Here at Warrandyte Road Clinic, we’re open as usual but we’ve been busy working out ways to protect patients and staff from the COVID-19 pandemic.
What is our practice doing differently due to coronavirus?
- We can either see you face-to-face in the clinic, or via a phone or video consultation by appointment. Please note that as of 1 October 2020, telehealth consultations will no longer be routinely bulk-billed.
- Our waiting room has a maximum capacity of 10 people due to social distancing requirements. If you wish, you can wait in your car when you arrive. You will get a call you when the doctor is ready to see you.
- Civic Pharmacy (at the rear of our clinic) can also dispense scripts and bring them directly to your car.>/li>
- We are introducing appointments on Saturdays
- We request that all payments be made by card only.
- All toys and magazines have been removed from public areas
- We’re cleaning and disinfecting even more than usual
If you have symptoms such as a fever, cough, sore throat or breathlessness:
- Let us know when you book your appointment
- If attending for a face-to-face appointment, wear a face-mask
- Some of our doctors can perform COVID-19 testing on-site at the clinic
- Alternatively, we may refer you to the nearby Ringwood Covid-19 screening clinic. We helped to set up this facility, in association with EACH and Eastern Health.
How does a telehealth consult work?
Some issues can be sorted over the phone without requiring a face-to-face consultation. We can arrange for electronic prescriptions to be sent to your phone or email, or directly to your pharmacy. In addition, we can send referrals and pathology/radiology requests directly to providers if required.
- Monday to Friday 8am - 6:30pm (by appointment)
- Saturday 8:30am - 11:30am
- Sunday Closed