Sexual health checksIf you’re sexually active, it’s important to have regular sexual health checks. This is especially important if:
- you think you might have a sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- you’ve recently had unprotected sex
- you or your partner have more than one sexual partner
- you’re starting a new sexual relationship
- a condom broke off or fell off during sex
What is involved?
GP’s at Warrandyte Road Clinic routinely perform sexual health checks.
This usually involves your doctor firstly asking you some sexual health questions to establish your risk of STI’s. This will help to determine what tests you require. This may be followed by a physical examination. We can order tests and treat most STI’s at the clinic.
If you are a man who has sex with men or are at high risk of getting HIV, we can also discuss the HIV-prevention medication PrEP, which can be prescribed by some of our doctors.
Your comfort and safety are important to us. What you discuss with your doctor, as well as the results of your check, are kept strictly confidential.